My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Monday, May 31, 2010

Went Riding



To tell you the truth I have been having a real hard time missing Jed. The grief was getting to be to much. All I could think about was Jed and how much I miss him. I went to my shrinks and he gave me something to help me. It does seem to be helping. I went to Bedford over the weekend on my motorcycle. It was great riding weather. I saw some old friends that I haven't seen in a few years. I find myself talking to Jed when I ride. I will ask "are you all right"? Then I hear him say "uh hu". Its just as clear as day. It's great to hear him say he is alright. I miss him dearly and always will. He is a huge reason I am who I am and why I am alive today. On the way home I rode through the Gettysburg battlefields. It amazes me how hard people will work to get somewhere so they can kill each other. These soldiers on both sides had to haul so much stuff and wear the most awful clothes to get to where the needed to get so they could kill or wound each other. It was really kind of sad. I love you Jed and miss you always. Savannahs mini thon raised $54,000. Red Lion High school ROCKS! That is such an awesome achievement. Jeds short lived life has made a lot of people better people.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I strongly believe that some of us are here for a certain purpose and when that purpose is fulfilled, they are taken from us. I think that about Jed. He touched so many lives.
I'm glad to hear you're doing better, as relative as that may be, considering the circumstances.