My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Monday, August 10, 2009

This is my first blog, ever. Sunday I started my trip at 11:00 in the after noon. Before I left I had to go and buy a lawn mower, a luggage rack and a helmet . As usual I put off everything until the last minute. I rode about 500 miles the first day and ended up in a little town just past Toledo Ohio. I stayed in a Super eight motel that was owned by a person from India. The trip was very hot and humid. It was nice to get out of Pa. On the Ohio turnpike it was eighty and ninety all the way. Monday I was on the road at 7:00 A.M. The weather toward Cleveland looked like a black mess, but toward Chicago was sunny and the temperature was 70 degrees .It was a great ride from Toledo to Chicago, but then it was nothing but traffic all through Chicago. You had to really be on your toes. Then the 70 miles to Milwaukee was all road work. I arrived in Milwaukee at 2:00 in the afternoon. The room at the Iron Horse hotel is awesome. It is a hotel for bikers. I went to the Harley Davidson museum. It is really something to see if you like bikes. Tuesday I will be heading to Sioux Falls. I already miss Kristin, and Jed and Fred, but this is a trip of a life time and with the layoff it seemed like the right time to do it. One thing for sure, America is a great place to live. Good night.

2 comments:

me said...

great job honey! have fun

Atom said...

Go boy go . . . !!