My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

GPS



When I first met Kristin she was living with her parents in Felton. It was out in the middle of nowhere. It took me quite a few trips before I could find it. I would either take a wrong turn or not turn when I should have. Jed would always wait up for me if he knew I was coming over. One Friday I spent the night and in the morning I needed to go a Ruters to get some milk and coffee. Jed was about three years old. Jed wanted to go with me and Kristin said sure. Well I didn't have any idea where I was going. Jed said he knew. I was driving down these country roads and Jed would say "go that way". I knew we were going to get lost. WE would come to a y in the road and I would ask Jed " should I go left or right"? He would look at me and say "I don't know left or right". Then he would hold up the hand for the way I was to go. Before I knew it I was at the store. Jed said" I told you I knew the way". He was only three! Unbelievable. Of course I didn't know the way back home but with his directions we made it back. Jed is such a smart and funny boy. I love you Jed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep writing man

Anonymous said...

Dear Dan -- I keep looking for a new story... like to read them.. love to all .. Peggy H.