My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I love Jed



First I want to say I really do love all my children. Unfortunately for me, and them I did not get to hang out with them when they were growing up. I was very immature and very irresponsible. It is one of my biggest regrets in my life. I have many. Maybe someday when I write about my life,the people I love might have a better understanding of why I am who I am. Enough of that. Today I am going to write about Jed and what kind of little boy and person he is. First there's the story about Jed and the missing money. Jed or any of our children knew if they wanted something, all they had to do was ask. If we could afford it, or believed they really needed it, we would get it for them. A few years back we decided to go to Washington D.C for a weekend. We figured the museums would be fun to see, that and the White House. The whole works. I had about $400.00 laying around in my room that I saved for the trip. When we got ready to leave I discovered about half the money was missing. I started going a little crazy wondering what I did with the money or wondering if I even had the money. I asked everyone if they had seen the money. I figured I laid it around or hid it somewhere. It wasn't that big of a concern. I figured I would find it later when I got home. We left and went to D.C and had a good time. When we got there Kristin found out she had lost about $120.00. Like me she figured she left it at home. When we arrived home that Sunday I started looking for the money that I misplaced. Kristin couldn't find her's either. I looked everywhere. Finally I looked in Jeds room. Under his pillow I found about $380.00. I went and told Kristin what I found. We confronted Jed. He swore it was his. I informed him that he was six years old and did not have a job. He said that Jack and A gave it to him in birthday cards. A is Jeds great grandmother and Jack was her boy friend. They would give Jed and Savannah $10.00 whenever they seen them. I told Jed that he would have to have saved every ten dollars they gave him for about three years. Finally Jed starred crying and saying he was sorry and didn't know why he took the money. Jed really didn't know why he took the money. He knew he didn't need it. Jed talked to Dr. Blackall about it. Dr.Blackall explaind to us that since Jed didn't get to go to school for those important years, when children learn those social skills. The ones about right and wrong. All Jed knew was that he found some money and that it was his. I would have never thought that socializing with your peers was so important. Usually you think that grades is what school is about. After his talk with Dr. Blackall the problem of missing money was fixed. Now thats not to say that Jed wouldn't say " Dan I have $20.00 in change, can you give me a twenty dollar bill for the change". I would say sure. Later when I would count the change there would only be about $14.00. Ha Ha. Jed has such a good heart. I remember when the DSI portable video game station came out. I asked Jed if he would like me to get him one. He said no that he already had a DS and that the DSI was expensive. He knew that Kristin and I work hard for our money, as most people do, and didn't want us to spend it on him. We always told him that was not his worry and that if we could not afford it we would not buy it. Anyway I bought the DSI for him as a surprise. When I got it home I told him I had a surprise for him. When he opened it he started to cry. I asked him why he was crying he said "you didn't have to do that, it cost too much." It made me cry. I told him that I did it because I love you and I knew that he really wanted one. It was such a touching moment. Jed is such a special child. When ever I would get Jed something I always try to get Savannah something. Her stuff comes in the form of Gas for her car ,or a oil change, things like that. Jed, Savannah, Andria and David. I love you all.

4 comments:

me said...

and they love you too.

Anonymous said...

dan, i love reading posts like these. so heart warming :)

kait

Anonymous said...

family/kids -- such a precious blessing....plh

Anonymous said...

I love you 2 dad.