My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I really miss Jed


I went riding today on my motorcycle. The weather is beautiful. Yesterday Kristin and I went to our shrinks and then out to eat. Its our date. When Jed was here it met more because it was so hard to get out alone. It was our joke that we had to go to the doctors to be alone for a couple of hours. Unfortunately now we can go out whenever we want. Missing Jed is so hard. It doesn't take much to start crying. Jed used to do this thing when I rode my bike between the houses. He would whistle out his window, two stories up, and then stick his head back in his room. I would be looking all around looking kind of lost, then I would hear him start laughing and his little head with that smile would pop out the window. I would usually say "you little rat". He loved to play little tricks like that. I miss him so, so much. I loved taking him on rides on my motorcycle. He would do all the waving to the other motorcycles for me. For some reason if you have a motorcycle you have to learn the wave. Its kind of low key, just a little open hand on the left side down by your side. If you don't wave your being rude. Some people are to cool to wave. Sometimes when Jed would ride with me I would start waving like a mad man. Jed would start laughing and tell me to stop it. He was so skinny and frail that I would tell him when we were going to hit a bump. During the last year it became really to painful for him to ride for to long, especially on my new bike. The suspension sucks. It is real stiff. That was the one thing missing on my trip across the U.S. Someone to share it with. I used to tell Jed that when he was old enough to drive he would be the luckiest kid in high school because of all the Harleys he could pick from. Now I would tell him he could ride my Victory . Of course I will have to sell my Harleys first and buy a Victory. I know that I ramble but I like talking about Jed. It helps in some crazy way. When I took my trip across the united States I asked Jed what he wanted me to bring him back. His answer was snow globes and magnets. Whenever I could find one in different states I bought it. I arrived home with about 12 snow globes and many magnets. I told him he could ask for anything . He was happy with snow globes. He has them all lined up in front of his T.V. What a kid. I LOVE YOU JED AND MISS YOU.

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a beautiful picture of Jed.