My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Found a quarter






I made it through the work week. I am glad I had off all those days, but when we had our weekly meeting, the bosses said that we are 1,100 bike in the hole. Why would you close the plant for a week when you knew that you needed to make up over a thousand bikes. I know that the quarterly earnings came out when we got back to work, and you can save a lot of money by closing the plant for a week. All the plants for a week. It could make a fifty million dollar profit look like a ninety million dollar profit. Anyway, now we have to work on the weekends to make up the motorcycles.. Oh yea, sale are down about 10%. Not to worry, everything is great. Whatever. On one of the days I was off work I drove to the store and bought some scratch off lottery tickets. I had cleaned out the car before I drove to the store. After I bought the tickets I needed a coin to scratch off the numbers. I checked my pockets and could not find any coins. I checked in the coffee holders and found a penny that was coated with old coffee. There was nothing else in the holder. After I scratched the tickets, and didn't win anything worth mentioning , I drove to the cemetery and visited Jed headstone. When I got back in the car and looked down in the cup holder there was a shiny new quarter. Now I know that there was not a quarter there before, because I looked everywhere for a coin to scratch those tickets. If you have been following Kristins blog you know what that means. Thanks Jed. It always makes me feel better when I get a sign that you are everywhere and helping me. Talking about lottery tickets. When I drove to work on Friday, which is a overtime day, I bought two monopoly scratch of tickets and won ninety dollars. It made working overtime that much easier. Today (Sunday) the temperature was 80 degrees,but you know that the cold days are just around the corner. I am ready. I love riding my motorcycle at 5:30 in the morning when it is cold. Especially when the moon is out and the sky is crystal clear. Of course I wear my electric coat and gloves to stay warm. Basically it is like wearing an electric blanket. That is all for now. I have to go to bed so I can get up at 4:30 a.m. Congratulations to the Giants for going to the World Series. That is the good thing about being from the Bay area, It didn't matter what team won....goodnight. One other thing. Canning has started for THON. You can get all the information that you need by reading Kristins blog or Savannahs blog. Jed loved THON. I know that it is one of his most favorite things in this world. Please give $$$$$$$ Thank you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now we got to hope that they beat the Rangers. They are a good team. Their pitcher Lee is really good. Im hoping Giants all the way, with outstanding performances by Aubrey Huff, Pat Burrel, Tim Lincecum, Brian Wilson, Cody Ross, and Buster Posey. Go Giants!