My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Monday, November 8, 2010

getting old





I will have to keep this short. Today is Monday, Nov.8,2010. Everything started out great. Rode my motorcycle at 5:30 a.m. It was about 30 degrees. Just the way I like it. My job today was to unload boxes of wheels and press bearings into them. When the boxes are empty, I put the rags that the wheels are wrapped in, back into the boxes that they came from. Them I stack the boxes three high. Each box is the size of a pallet and about two and a half feet tall. I had already stacked twenty boxes by 8:00. Anyway when I started to put the rags into box number 21 I got this intense pain in my lower back. My back has went out many times, over the years at work,. but this time was insane. I screamed "oh something real bad". This guy I work with, happen to be looking my way when it happened. He came running over and asked "if I was all right"? I could hardly speak. I could hardly breathe. I thought for sure that I was going to ride in the little ambulance that we have at work. My boss came over and asked what I wanted to do. I really could not do anything for about 5 minutes. Finally I was able to straighten up and after I started walking real slow, and little steps, my back started to get better. It still hurt but I was able to work most of the day before I went to medical. I have learned a long time ago that there is not a lot you can do for it. Moving seems to help the best. I am more worried about the morning. From past experience, I know that when I wake up I might not be able to move. We will see. Them on top of that my left hand and wrist has major pain. That started in Aug. So when I went to medical they made another report of that. This all just adds to the toothache I have. Growing old is awesome. I hate to complain but if anyone was to ask me how my day was, I would have to say it hurt. Anyway that is it. Goodnight and love to all my children (not soap opera ) and grandchildren.

1 comment:

me said...

call the dentist, tell them it's an emergency,go in and sit in their chair...it will feel good on your back. then you can rest your back and get you tooth fixed. we leave soon, i don't want you to be an invalid on our trip. I will have to tie you to the horse. :)
luv you