My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Toy run




Today was the annual toy run for Hershey hospital. It is a motorcycle run from York, Pa to Hershey hospital. All the bikers pay $5.00 to register so they can ride to Hershey Hospital and give the kids toys and money. It really is an important ride because it lets the children at Hershey have a little bit of Christmas. The money also goes to the children. Jed liked the ride. He has rode in it with me before. The toys are usually pretty cool. Bikers are a generous bunch of people, especially when it comes to children. It is put on by the same group, that asked Jed to be the grand marshal, in the bike night parade, a couple of years ago . I could feel Jeds presence all day. I have taken this ride many times in the last eight years to see Jed at the hospital.There was 627 bikes in the ride today. As far as you could see there were bikes riding down the highway. It really is an impressive sight to see. When we got to Hershey I ran into Kristins cousin Keith. He was riding his motorcycle, so when I was about to leave I asked him if he wanted to ride back to Red Lion, the back way with me. So we rode along the river by three mile island. It was a great day to ride. It was about 48 degrees. Now it is time for bed. Jed I love you and miss you. Goodnight.

No comments: