My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday




Today is Saturday, Sept.11 2010. On this day, in the year 2001, I was in the Hospital with Septic blood. I was very close to dying. I was watching the T.V. as jets were flown into the World Trade Buildings. At first, I thought it was a movie. Then when I realized that it was not, I begin to cry. I called Kristin at work. She was working at Harley Davidson that day. She was listening to Howard Stern, as he told his listeners, that the terrorist were hijacking planes and flying them into buildings. I was crying as I told Kristin what I saw. She told me to turn off the television. It was a very sad day. One of those days that you will never forget. I always pray for our soldiers, wherever they are. I guess that whoever is in charge of my life has a bigger plan for me than dying, back in 2010. Anyway, I am still here. Jed birthday is coming up, and with that a luncheon to celebrate his short life. Living without him is so hard. I know that I have a lot of blessings in my life. My son David, my daughter Andria, My grandchildren, Gage,Talisa,Bianca,and Alyssa. My sister, Nila, and her children. I also know that I have a lot of support from Davids mother, Susan. I am also blessed with the family I have here. Kristin, Savannah, and their family. With all that, loosing Jed is just so overwhelming. I wish I could say that with time it gets easier, but it does not. I am so thankful that I was able to sit with Jed on his last day. I was able to tell him how much I loved him, and what he meant to me. Jed was always one of my biggest allies. If Kristin was upset at me for whatever reason, he would be there to say, give me a break. Jed I miss you and love you. Childhood cancer needs to be eradicated. That is why this luncheon is so important to us. The money raised from this celebration will be used to help fight this disease. I think with Savannahs hard work and focus, this luncheon will become an annual event. A very successful event. Go to Big Jeds World, kristins blog, to find out how to donate money or buy tickets. There is going to be a lot of good stuff to bid on to buy. The one guitar that you can see on my blog is going to be donated for auction. It is a guitar that I built from Fender American parts. I have over $1,000 in the building of this guitar. It will come with a case and Amp. Every penny that goes to the purchase of this guitar, will go to help cure childhood cancer. Thank you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember 9/11. Do you remember I stayed with you at the hospital all day? That was a miserable day all around. I knew you'd be alright. Three months later you were there with me when Alyssa was born. The same hospital I think. I play catch with Gage on a regular, any more and we'd have to start a league.

Anonymous said...

Yes David, now that you mentioned it, I do remember that you were there. That seems so long ago. I love you.