My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah

My first present from Kristin Jed and Savannah
1973 MARTIN D-28

Wednesday, September 22, 2010



Whenever I read Savannah's blog it just blows me away. I am so proud of her and what she does. The THON videos are so inspiring. As much as I love them they usually bring me to tears. I watch them with mixed emotions. THON is definitely one of the good things that came from Jed illness. I have been to a lot of great concerts in my life. I have seen Janis Joplin, Jimi Hindrex, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, The Grateful Dead, Rod Stewart and the faces, Lee Michaels, Canned Heat, The Temptations, Smokey Robinson, The Four Tops, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Al Green, Alvin lee and Ten Years After, QuickSilver messenger service, Dr. John the night tripper, John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Albert King, Freddy King, Joe Crocker and the Mad Dogs and Englishmen, Bonnie and Delaney, Eric Clapton, Traffic, Stevie winwood, BlindFaith, Pink Floyd, Stevie Wonder, Reberta Flack, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bob Dylan, Bob Seager and the Silver Bullet Band, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Crosby Stills and Nash, and Young, David Bromberg, Jerry Garcia, Old and in the way, Coldblood, Tower of Power, The Dixie Chicks, robin Trower, The very first Santana group, Journey, Huey Lewis and the news, Eddie Money, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchel, The Band, The last Waltz, Altamont, Leonard Skinner, The Allman Brothers with Duane Allman, Gregg Allman, Match Box Twenty, Roy Clark, Glen Campbell,the Kinks, Blue Cheer, Grand Funk Railroad, and Credence Clear Water. In no particular order. A lot of these people, I was fortunate enough to see at the Fillmore West and Winter Land and the Avalon ball room, before they were huge stars. I was just a young kid when I saw a lot of these groups. I really have to thank my friend Floyd Nay. He took me to most of the early concerts in San Fransisco. The point I am trying to make is, even with all these great concerts, and a lot of them were great, is that THON, is in a league of it own. THON ROCKS. The positive energy that is inside the BJC on Thon weekend is the best. You really have to be there to get it. It's just one big arena of LOVE. Tears,Laughter,cheers and dancing. Wow,it sounds like the concerts I went to. If I would have studied more instead of going to concerts I could probably describe it better. All I can say is "WE ARE PENN STATE'. I don't know if anyone really reads what I write but if you do, remember what THON is for.FUN and to make money ,to help support Family's who have children ,who are fighting Cancer. The money collected in the months leading up to THON goes to the Four Diamonds Fund. You can read more about the Four Diamonds on Savannahs blog. Now I need to go to sleep. Goodnight Jed. I Love and Miss You Everyday.

No comments: